The Good News
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
The Gospel is the
“Good News” of Jesus Christ
In a Nutshell
- We are all sinners.
- The consequence of our sin is eternal separation from God.
- God loves us so much he sent his Son, Jesus, to die for our sin.
- If we believe and confess this, we are saved.
- For the rest of our time on earth, God wants to reveal himself to us – this happens by talking to him (prayer), studying his Word (the Bible) and going through life with other believers (fellowship).
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
Since Adam and Eve first sinned in the garden, mankind has been doomed by our own sinfulness, and none of us are exempt. We may think of ourselves as decent folks, but sin can’t be overlooked by a holy God, no matter how much he loves us. It must be atoned — paid for.
Romans 6:23 explains the heavy price of our sin, “The wages of sin is death,” but it doesn’t stop there. “But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” God has provided a gift, a solution to our sin, and at great cost to himself. It was his only son who came to suffer and die for our sins.
Nothing. “You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly” (Romans 5:6). There are well-meaning people all over the world who think if they work hard enough, try hard enough, they can earn their way to heaven. This just isn’t possible. However, in the midst of our need and our helplessness, a Savior came to rescue us, based on his goodness, not ours. This is Good News!
If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
It may seem scary. It may even seem too simple. Yet this is what God asks of us, to confess what we believe to be true about his son and the work he did on the cross.
Both eternal life and life here on earth will be forever changed for those who accept Jesus. Eternally, we are promised life in heaven with the Lord, which is mind-blowing. 1 John 5:13 says, “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.”
Meanwhile, here on earth, God wants us to experience a full life. “I have come that they might have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10) We are offered an abundant life! Here are some things that will help you discover more about this new life:
- Pray: talk to God and enjoy a relationship with him.
- Study the Bible: this is one of the ways God will reveal himself to you, as well as his will and his instructions for living this full life.
- Church: find a good church that teaches the Bible faithfully. Solid Bible teaching and fellowship with other Christians will help you grow in your new faith.
- Get baptized: this important step of obedience is a public declaration of the faith you have placed in Jesus.
- Tell someone: the Lord will use your story to show himself to others who need to know him.
- Contact Us: If there is any way we can help you along in your relationship with God, we are more than happy to! We have pastors and elders who would be happy to talk with you or pray for you. You can give us a call at the office, or visit a service here at ACCF. May the Lord bless you!